|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||As a member of the IT Services team, the Implementation Engineer will play a key role in product roll-out for various RescueNet products by helping to establish the gold standard for how we scope our projects and the process followed during application install. The Implementation Engineer will drive consistency within our scoping and installation process and ensure the client environment is installed and stable prior to the commencement of product training. This would include conducting scope calls to review hardware, software and networking requirements, reviewing hardware configurations, discussing implementation strategy, and the remote installation of RescueNet products prior to the training process. The Implementation Engineer would also help to establish processes, procedures, and documentation for these activities and work closely with the Implementation Team to troubleshoot problems with systems prior to support handoff. Some specific responsibilities in this role would include: |
- Responsible for preparing clients for product installation through a scoping process. This would include a virtual walk through of the customer's environment to evaluate hardware, software, and networking requirements.
- Working with the client to develop a system configuration and installation strategy.
- Scheduling and performing software installations for SQL and RescueNet products in preparation for product training.
- Responsible for managing Implementation timelines and conveying those timelines to the Implementation team members assigned to the product.
- Troubleshooting issues related to installation including Server O/S, SQL, VM Ware, IIS, and product specific functionality prior to training visit in order to ensure all RescueNet applications are fully functional.
- Work closely with the Implementation Team to coordinate department-wide efforts relative to implementation and training.
- Establish consistency with troubleshooting and issue reporting procedures within the Implementation and IT Services teams.
- Act as "front line support" for the Implementation Team in the event of technical issues while at a client site. This would not be direct customer support; rather a mechanism for assisting the Implementation Specialists with project close-out and issue resolution prior to a handoff to the ZOLL technical support team.
- Occasional travel possible to 15%.
What we're looking for from you:
- Self-managed, able to prioritize your schedule in order to meet customer's needs
- Comfort with negotiating appropriate access to customer systems and ensuring that changes you initiate have been clearly communicated to the customer
- A passion for customer service
- Excellent phone skills
- Sense of logic and creative problem solving abilities
- Detail-oriented, well-organized work style
- Experience in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of CRM systems and customer ticketing processes
Technical skills we would like you to have:
- Experience installing and upgrading software
- Experience with virtual environments like VMWare ESX helpful
- Experience using remote troubleshooting tools like WebEx or LogMeIn
- SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008
- Familiarity with SaaS applications
- Windows Server 2003 troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Network troubleshooting experience -LAN/WAN/Wireless
- Crystal Reports 11.x - another big plus
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.